Hey! Thanks for taking the time to visit my page. My name is Andres, a married father of 3 children (8 year old girl and two boys ages 4 and 1 as of February 2017). This blog will chronicle a few thing.
- Weight training/Powerlifting
- Training and competing in powerlifting meets
- Making weight for powerlifting meets (or any weight class sport)
- My training while trying to qualify for USPA Worlds (November, Las Vegas, Nevada)
- Competing in the USPA Worlds (November, Las Vegas, Nevada)…contingent upon completing #4
I’m almost 40 years old (March 2017) and I started going to the gym after a family health scare. At the time i weighed in at 260lbs of pizza, burgers and beer (Jan 2009). Up until early 2015 I had been going to the gym to help keep off the almost 70lbs that I had lost until that point (total fat loss + muscle gained). In April 2015 I competed in my first powerlifting meet and was hooked.
Check back to see my updated training log and videos, stories about what I went through along the way and helpful tips for all levels of gym enthusiast.